The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership (TRCP) is seeking an experienced government relations professional to join its advocacy team as the Director of Government Relations. In this position, you will be responsible for lobbying in support of a wide range of natural resources policy and funding issues related to fish and wildlife habitat conservation programs and appropriations. This is not an entry level position and prior experience advocating before Congress is required.
The Director will be responsible for developing and participating in campaigns to support the TRCP’s legislative agenda, lobbying Congress and the Administration on legislative and administrative conservation priorities and working in diverse issue-oriented coalitions.
The Director will report to the Chief Policy Officer, coordinate regularly with other policy center directors and field staff, and supervise the work of the Government Relations Associate. This position is based out of the TRCP’s Washington, D.C. office; candidates must be able to work from the office once pandemic-related work from home ceases. An appreciation for hunting, angling, and boating is required; experience doing so is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and leading comprehensive legislative campaigns to support the TRCP’s conservation priorities
- Conducting policy research and legislative analysis in areas relating to federal conservation policy, budget, and appropriations
- Serving as the TRCP liaison to various partner-based coalitions, and creating new ones when necessary
- Representing the TRCP in meetings with policymakers and building relationships with key federal decision makers and their staff
- 8+ years of experience in the legislative space; previous Hill, administration, campaign, and nonprofit experience included
- Extensive knowledge of the legislative process
- Ability to organize time effectively, work independently, and coordinate multiple priorities within a diverse legislative portfolio
- Excellent communications, analytical, writing, and research skills
The TRCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and veterans, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
The salary range for this position is $100,000-120,000 annually, as well as a competitive suite of benefits. To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Government Relations.”
The position will remain open until filled.