Opportunities with the TRCP
This person will help grow our current social media efforts into a comprehensive digital organizing program responsible for generating activism and attachment to the organization in new and innovative ways.
We are looking for a creative and skilled technician with the proven ability to drive online audiences to action, build and retain membership, and analyze the effectiveness of such content strategies. Candidates are not required to have hunting and fishing experience, but should show an interest in these traditions and understand the values of sportsmen and women as compared to the environmental community. An authentic voice and natural ability to engage online will be among our top considerations for this role.
This position reports to the director of communications and will be based in either our Washington, D.C., or Missoula, Mont., headquarters. Salary is commensurate with experience, and benefits are included. The TRCP is an equal-opportunity employer.
- Integrate across all policy centers (water, marine fisheries, agriculture, conservation funding, and Western lands) and development to write and publish email, social, and web content that informs, engages, and drives sportsmen and women to donate or take action
- Create, implement, budget, and track innovative paid social media campaigns that grow and diversify our database, influence policy, or hold lawmakers accountable
- Help customize content for specific segments of our audience and perform A/B testing to fine-tune messaging
- Project manage third-party contractors and troubleshoot issues with website and newsletters
- Support editorial production
- Analyze and present performance metrics
- 2+ years of proven experience crafting and executing paid and owned content for a non-profit advocacy organization or media company
- Intimate knowledge of social media and email marketing
- Working knowledge of WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook’s Ad Manager, Photoshop, Moz, Trello, and/or similar tools
- Experience with Convio/Blackbaud or another eCRM (Salesforce, SilverPop)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; publishing experience a plus
- Fluency in data and digital integration
- Strong project management and organization skills
- Comfort with basic HTML and SEO keyword research
- Offline organizing experience a plus
- Video editing experience a plus
- Passion for the outdoors and an interest in national and local politics
- Ability to multi-task and remain upbeat in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in multi-layered organizations with many stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables
APPLY BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please address your cover letter to the director of communications and include a resume and any applicable samples of your work.
Opportunities with our Partners