The Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership (TRCP) is seeking a hard-working, early career professional to join our government relations team as Government Relations Associate. The Associate will support TRCP’s policy campaigns to conserve fish and wildlife habitat and guarantee all Americans quality places to hunt and fish on our public and private lands.
Qualified candidates will have experience analyzing legislative proposals and strong writing abilities to support the Government Relations team’s advocacy efforts. The Associate will report to the Director of Government Relations and will track legislation, assist with supporting research, and write policy updates and one-pagers for both internal and external partners. In coordination with the Director of Government Relations, the Associate will assist with outreach and advocacy to Members of Congress and their staff as needed.
The Associate will be an essential member of the team, expected to participate in internal planning meetings and to proactively assist the Government Relations team with the execution of ongoing legislative campaigns. In time, the Associate will assist with the development of legislative campaigns and be assigned outreach responsibilities to the Hill.
Candidates with an interest in conservation policy and an appreciation for hunting and angling are preferred. This position is based out of TRCP’s Washington, D.C. office; candidates must be able to work from the office once pandemic-related work from home ceases.
- Minimum one year of experience working in a legislative, executive, or government affairs office
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in political science or a related field
- Strong working knowledge of Congress and the Administrative branch
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including the ability to develop and maintain large Excel databases
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task and manage own time, priorities, and resources
- Hunting and/or fishing experience a plus, but not required
The TRCP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and veterans, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, and diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
The salary range for this position is $40,000 – $50,000 annually, with a generous benefits package.
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Government Relations Associate.” The position will remain open until filled.