Status: Full time | Reports to: Chief Development Officer & Director of Operations | Location: Washington, DC
Salary Range: $35,000 – $45,000
A fast-growing conservation organization seeks an entrepreneurial Development & Operations Associate to join the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership’s (TRCP) team. The candidate must possess extraordinary organizational skills and will be an integral part of many of the organization’s activities. The Development & Operations Associate will work directly with the TRCP senior staff and Board of Directors, donors, and will have a great deal of responsibility and ownership over projects. The position is located in Washington, DC.
Founded in 2002, the TRCP is a national nonprofit organization with a mission to guarantee all Americans quality places to hunt and fish by uniting and amplifying our partners’ voices to advance America’s legacy of conservation, habitat, and access.
The TRCP offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, cell phone reimbursement, professional development opportunities, and ample paid time off.
- Ensure timely and accurate record keeping of donor correspondence and contacts in database;
- Enter donations into database, run tax-receipts, fulfill premiums in a timely fashion;
- Produce donation solicitation mailings throughout the year, including creative input;
- Maintain accurate, organized and up to date donor, corporate, and foundation paper and electronic records;
- Manage donor and foundation prospect list; conduct research and pull reports as requested;
- Order and keep inventory of TRCP donor thank-you gifts;
- Send weekly donation log to senior staff;
- Conceptualize donor engagement campaigns and work closely with Development team on execution;
- Assist with TRCP fundraising events, in particular the Capital Conservation Awards Dinner (TRCP’s signature fundraising event);
- Interface directly with TRCP staff and Board, donors, corporate partners, and other key stakeholders;
- Other duties as needed.
- Responsible for physical and virtual receptionist functions of the organization, including management of the main phone line, welcoming visitors and staff, and handling, sorting, and distribution of mail and packages;
- Assist the CEO and executive team with administrative duties including booking travel, scheduling and other duties as assigned;
- Monitor/escalate technology help-desk tickets and assist staff with basic technology needs;
- Assist the Operations Director with content development for presentations, compilation & presentation of survey data, procedures documentation, and other special projects;
- Maintain numerous contact and distribution lists;
- Order office and kitchen supplies and track inventory needs;
- Assist the Marketing and Events Manager with events, meetings, trainings, and retreats;
- Maintain office equipment and coordinate maintenance with vendors;
- Contribute to overarching organization goals by participating in cross-functional working groups;
- Other duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and excel in a high-performance culture.
- Related work experience required, preferably in a non-profit setting, interest in fundraising preferred. Office administration experience a plus.
- Exceptional organization and research skills.
- Adept at taking initiative, planning, prioritizing, organizing and following through.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely (both in writing and orally).
- Strict adherence to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- Works independently but also as part of a team with internal and external stakeholders and participants.
- Maintains professionalism.
- A positive attitude, creativity, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for the outdoors; hunting/fishing background a plus (but not required)
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume with the subject line “Development & Operations Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.